Brought to you by the Wyoming Department of Health & NAMI Wyoming
Keynote speaker: TBA
We are offering a new optional payment option this year. You can now choose the option to pay online. Online payment can be made using our paypal buy now button. You can use your paypal account or credit card to pay for your registration using the "buy now" button. As in years past you can also register online and send your payment via check or money order via mail.
- 11:00-1:00 - Registration/Conference Check In (Hotel check in does not begin until 3 PM)
- 12:50-1:00 - Welcome and Introduction - Tammy Noel, Executive Director NAMI Wyoming
- 1:00-1:50 - Mental Illness and Addiction Recovery: What Do They Share in Common?: Victor Ashear, Ph.D. Psychologist and Author
- 2:00-2:50 - Every Picture Tells a Story: Using Photvoice as a Narrative for Mental Health: Courtney Hucke, MA / Vickie Layton, NAMI Wyoming Consumer Council Consumer
- 3:00-3:50 - Consumer and Family Participation: Shawna Pena, Family Services Specialist & Laura Giffith, MA, Executive Director Recovery Wyoming
- 4:00-4:50 - Let’s Make the Message Positive!: Laura Griffith, Executive Director Recover Wyoming, MA, Ed.
- 5:00-6:00 - Keynote: CRAZYWISE: Culture, Survivors, and Mental Health - Phil Borges, Documentary Film Maker
- 6:00-7:00 - Break before dinner; hotel check-in; etc.
- 7:00-8:00 - Awards Dinner:
- Casper and Natrona County Sherriff’s CIT officer of the year award
- NAMI Volunteer & Advocate of the Year Awards
- NAMI National Award presented to Bobi Barasso
- 8:00 - Movie: The Anonymous People (Public viewing): Conference Theater Room
All presentations, unless otherwise noted, will take place in the South and Central Ballrooms on the 15th.
WYSAGE will be set up in the North Ballroom excluding break-out session times for that room.
- 7:00-8:00 - Breakfast (WYSAGE meeting in the North Ballroom)
- 8:00-8:50 - Keynote:CRAZYWISE: Psychosis or Spiritual Awakening? Phil Borges: Producer of Documentary Film “Crazywise“
- 9:00-9:50 - Breakouts:
A) Making Recovery Work: What Helps and What Hinders: North Ballroom
Susan Rogers, Executive Director National Mental Health Consumers’ Self-Help Clearinghouse
B) Guided Imagery Meditation for Holistic Wellbeing (Please note this session will begin at 9 AM promptly, no admittance after 9 AM): Teton Room
Marilee Rake, BA, CAP & Clint Harris
C) Peer Support for individuals who have a mental health, substance use, or co-occurring diagnosis: South Ballroom
David Convirs, PSS, BSS
D) The Role of a Family Support Peer Specialist: Central Ballroom
Margaret Welch, BA, Family Peer Support Specialist
- 10:00-10:50 - Breakouts:
A) Person-Centered and Holistic Peer Support in an Ever Changing Mental Health World: South Ballroom
David Convirs, PSS, BSS
B) NAMI’s Federal Legislative Agenda on Behalf of People Living with a Serious Mental Illness and Their Families: Central Ballroom
Andrew Sperling, JD, Director of Legislative Advocacy NAMI National
C) Supported Employment: North Ballroom
Gerard Baumstarck, CSW & Toni Versteegh, Consumer
- 11:00-11:50 - Panel Presentation: Members will include primary diagnosis as mental health or substance abuse and dual-diagnosis
- 12:00-1:00 - Lunch (NAMI Wyoming Annual Meeting)
- 1:10-2:00 - SAMHSA 2015: National and Regional Highlights, Initiatives, and Opportunities Charles Smith , Ph.D., Region VIII SAMHSA Regional Administrator
- 2:10-3:00 - Eliminating Self-Stigma Lou Dowell, Certified Peer Specialist, Mastery Level & Gina Scott, Consumer
- 3:00-3:15 - Evaluations and Wrap Up Tammy Noel, NAMI Wyoming
Registration forms for the 2015 Consumer Conference and the Application for Financial Support is located in the downloads area to the right and can be downloaded as a PDF.
Interested in being a vendor at our conference? Download the Wyoming Consumer Conference Vendor Booth Registration Form below:
• Wyoming Consumer Conference Vendor Booth Registration -
Make checks payable to NAMI Wyoming and mail to: (At this time we are not able to take debit/credit cards due to the fees. If you do not have a checking account we will accept money orders.)
c/o Tammy Noel
PO Box 1883
Casper, WY 82602
NAMI Wyoming’s mission is to be a force for change in the lives of all those affected by mental illness.
Download Registration Forms
To register for the 2015 Wyoming Consumer Conference or for a scholarship, register online or print and return the appropriate form below.
Make checks payable to NAMI Wyoming and mail to: NAMI Wyoming, c/o Tammy Noel, PO Box 1883, Casper, WY 82602.
NAMI of Wyoming is the State’s primary organization for information about relevant issues, advancements & progress in the field of mental illness. We lead for positive change in the attitudes of the general public, public officials & the media. NAMI WY strives to ensure the availability & accessibility of quality support & research; leading to a better quality of life for people affected by mental illness. NAMI WY eliminates barriers & confronts prejudices; helping people recognize that mental illness is a challenge like any other illness.