Brought to you by the Wyoming Department of Health & NAMI Wyoming
Keynote speaker: TBA
We are offering a new optional payment option this year. You can now choose the option to pay online. Online payment can be made using our paypal buy now button. You can use your paypal account or credit card to pay for your registration using the "buy now" button. As in years past you can also register online and send your payment via check or money order via mail.
- 11:00-1:00 - Registration/Conference Check In
- 12:50-1:00 - Welcome and Introduction - Tammy Noel, Executive Director NAMI Wyoming
- 1:00-1:50 - Mental Illness and Addiction Recovery: What Do They Share in Common?: Victor Ashear, Ph.D. Psychologist and Author
- 2:00-2:50 - “Photovoice”: Courtney Hucke, NAMI Wyoming Consumer Council Member & Vickie Layton, NAMI Wyoming Consumer Council Member
- 3:00-3:50 - Topic to be Announced: Carol Day and Alice Russler
- 4:00-4:50 - Let’s Make the Message Positive!: Laura Griffith, Executive Director Recover Wyoming, MA, Ed.
- 5:00-6:00 - Keynote: CRAZYWISE: Culture, Survivors, and Mental Health - Phil Borges, Producer of documentary Film Crazywis
- 6:00-7:00 - Break before dinner; hotel check-in; etc.
- 7:00-8:00 - Awards Dinner: Casper CIT Officer Award, NAMI Volunteer & Advocate of the Year, NAMI National Award presented to Bobi Barasso
- 8:00-? - Movie: The Anonymous People: public viewing
- 7:00-8:00 - Breakfast
- 8:00-8:50 - Keynote:CRAZYWISE: Psychosis or Spiritual Awakening? Phil Borges: Producer of Documentary Film “Crazywise“
- 9:00-9:50 - Breakouts:
A) Marking Recovery Work: What Helps and What Hinders Susan Rogers, Executive Director National Mental Health Consumers’ Self-Help Clearinghouse
B) Meditation/Guided imagery Marilee Rake & Clint
C) Peer Support Specialist information David Convirs D) The Role of Family Peer Support Specialist Margret Welch, Family Peer Support Specialist
- 10:00-10:50 - Breakouts:
A) Peer Support Specialist information David Convirs
B) Family Presentation (title to be announced) Andrew Sperling
C) Supported Employment Gerard Baumstarck, CSW Toni Versteegh, Consumer
- 11:00-11:50 - Combined Panel Presentation: Members will include primary diagnosis as mental health or substance abuse and dual-diagnosis (Individual speaker information will be provided at the conference)
- 12:00-1:00 - Lunch (NAMI Wyoming Annual Meeting)
- 1:10-2:00 - SAMHSA 2015: National and Regional Highlights, Initiatives, and Opportunities Charles Smith , Ph.D., Region VIII SAMHSA Regional Administrator
- 2:10-3:00 - Eliminating Self-Stigma Lou Dowell, Certified Peer Specialist, Mastery Level Gina Scott, Consumer
- 3:00-3:15 - Evaluations and Wrap Up Tammy Noel, NAMI Wyoming
Registration forms for the 2015 Consumer Conference and the Application for Financial Support is located in the downloads area to the right and can be downloaded as a PDF.
Interested in being a vendor at our conference? Download the Wyoming Consumer Conference Vendor Booth Registration Form below:
• Wyoming Consumer Conference Vendor Booth Registration -
Make checks payable to NAMI Wyoming and mail to: (At this time we are not able to take debit/credit cards due to the fees. If you do not have a checking account we will accept money orders.)
c/o Tammy Noel
PO Box 1883
Casper, WY 82602
NAMI Wyoming’s mission is to be a force for change in the lives of all those affected by mental illness.
Download Registration Forms
To register for the 2015 Wyoming Consumer Conference or for a scholarship, register online or print and return the appropriate form below.
Make checks payable to NAMI Wyoming and mail to: NAMI Wyoming, c/o Tammy Noel, PO Box 1883, Casper, WY 82602.
NAMI of Wyoming is the State’s primary organization for information about relevant issues, advancements & progress in the field of mental illness. We lead for positive change in the attitudes of the general public, public officials & the media. NAMI WY strives to ensure the availability & accessibility of quality support & research; leading to a better quality of life for people affected by mental illness. NAMI WY eliminates barriers & confronts prejudices; helping people recognize that mental illness is a challenge like any other illness.